Blogs are worth their weight in readers. So how much does your blog weigh? There are so many ways to go about getting more traffic. Some of them are difficult and require more work and effort than others. Some are as simple as point, type, click. Let’s face it, we’re busy people and we can’t always spend hours promoting our blogs. This is when we have to use these simpler methods.
1) Post More. This should be obvious. Sadly, in the world of blogging, more content outdoes quality content. This doesn’t mean slack on your posts. It just means that the more pages you have, the higher the probability that your website will be found. Common sense right?
2) Utilize Social Media. Another simple way is to self promote on social media websites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, etc. This isn’t exactly the easiest thing to do, but it isn’t difficult either. The hardest part is actually finding interested followers and friends. The best thing about social media is that it can be done from your mobile phone throughout the course of your day. Also just by adding social media buttons to your website others can share the great content they find on your blog.
3) Guest Posts. Guest posting is getting others to post to your blog for you. It works great for both parties. The blog owner gets free content and the guest poster gets backlinks and new readers. This is quite possibly the easiest method since you don’t have to actually do anything. The guest posters sometimes will even promote their posts for you, which in turn also brings more traffic. Also don’t be afraid to guest post yourself. If you think you have what it takes you may guest post here with us.
4) Submit Your Blog. Submitting your blog to directories is fairly easy. We have a published ongoing list of places to submit your blog here. When your blog is submitted it can be found by people looking for information on your subject or niche. You can also get backlinks that will help your ranking in search engines.
5) Blog Commenting. Commenting on other blogs is an easy way to generate traffic for your blog. I wrote an entire post on whether or not blog commenting helps SEO. Even without the effects on search engine optimization, commenting allows other users to find your blog. That is, if you provide relevant non spammy comments. No one is going to pay attention to a comment saying “Nice post.”
That about sums it up. I could go into more detail, but this seems like something that should be kept short and sweet. Thanks for reading!